Laurence M. Deutsch, Malpractice Attorney NYC
Experience, Education and Recognized Achievements
1988, New York and U.S. District Court, Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York
Union College, Schenectady, B.A., magna cum laude, 1984 Phi Beta Kappa;
University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 1987
Specializing in medical malpractice and complex personal injury. Numerous cases to successful verdict throughout NY State. New York Law Journal Verdicts and Settlement Hall of Fame and Ten Best Verdicts in New York State. New York Super Lawyer. Author of numerous publications. Speaker for NY Attorneys on malpractice cases and trial practice. Trial lawyers and Bar Association Committees.
- Medical Malpractice
- Medical Negligence
- Wrongful Death
- Pharmacy Malpractice
- Clergy Abuse
- Personal Injury
- Author: Medical Records for Attorneys, (treatise) American Bar Association, ISBN 0-8318-0817-9 (2001)
- Co-author: “Preparing for Trial” chapter of Medical Malpractice in New York (4th ed., NYS Bar Ass’n 2017).
- Co-Author: "Damages" chapter of NY State Trial Lawyer's Association Annual Update (2005, 2006, 2012, 2013 and 2014).
- "Co-author "Medical Malpractice" chapter of The Personal Injury Action In New York (2011 and 2014 editions) NYS Bar Association.
- Contributing Author: Treatise On New York Environmental Law, ("Asbestos"); New York State Bar Association, 1992
Featured In Legal Press
- Medical malpractice legal analyst for ABC World News Tonight
- Featured Attorney in "Tactics in Practice" profile by Verdict Search (national legal publication). Attorneys featured are chosen by Verdict Search, and interviewed for practice insights intended for the professional community.
- New York State Bar Association
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York (Member, Medical Malpractice Committee; Co-Chair, Legislative Subcommittee)
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice (formerly American Trial Lawyers' Association)
- 2014 Medical Malpractice Verdict Hall of Fame Award.
- "Pretrial Preparation and Jury Selection" (NYS Academy of Trial Lawyers, 2018)
- "Trial Techniques in Obstetrical Malpractice Cases" (American Conference Institute, Phila. June 2014)."
- "Voir Dire and Jury Selection" (Nat'l Business Institute Feb. 2013).
- "New York Civil Procedure" (Nat'l Business Inst. 2011).
- "Select the Right Jury and Trial Strategies" (Nat'l Business Inst. 2009).
- "Working With Experts and Expert Evidence" (Nat'l Business Inst. 2008).
- "Winning Your First Civil Trial" (Nat'l Business Inst. 2007).
- "Damages" (NY State Trial Lawyers Ass'n 2014 and 2006).
- "Reading Medical Records" (NY State Trial Lawyers Ass'n 2005).
Peer Review Rated
- Mr. Deutsch has received a "superb" attorney rating from the Avvo attorney rating service, an independent, non-sponsored ratings agency.
- Mr. Deutsch is also Peer Reviewed as a "Distinguished" attorney by Martindale Hubbell's peer review process (soliciting independent ratings from attorneys with more than 10 years of practice in same sub-specialty).
- Awarded "Best Law Firms, Medical Malpractice" (U.S. News & World Report, 2013 and 2014)
Personal Injury Litigation
Medical Practice Law